What Changes Should be Made to REBBA, 2002?
To start off with, there are five issues which should be addressed, in my view:
1) Customer Service,
2) Dual Agency,
3) Multiple Representation,
4) Designated Agency,
5) Multiple Offers.
1) Eliminate Customer Service entirely,
2) Rule out dual agency, with very, very limited and restricted exceptions,
3) Multiple Representation will largely disappear with designated agency,
4) Introduce Designated Agency,
5) Utilize some fair rules for multiple offers recognizing the value of Buyers.
Brian Madigan LL.B., Broker